On 7th April 1909 Alf Robinson advertised his new Hardy Street bookshop in the Nelson Evening Mail.
89 years later, in 1998, two Nelson bookshops, Pages from Hardy Street with Peter and Ann Rigg and Blackmores on Upper Trafalgar Street with Tim and Susi Blackmore, merged to form Page & Blackmore at the current site. Peter and Ann eventually bought out Tim and Susi, they then sold Page & Blackmore to Jo Dippie in 2016. Page & Blackmore has now been selling fine books for 24 years, continuing the 114 year legacy.
We stock a wide range of best-sellers, classics, non-fiction, reference books, children’s books and have one of the largest magazine selections in the country.